The season of winter is knocking at the doors, and it marks the arrival of different nutritious vegetables and fruits. During the chilly season, the human body easily gets dehydrated and requires an excess amount of vitamins and minerals, to maintain the proper nutritional balance of the body. Fresh green vegetables contain a high percentage of Vitamins and other vital minerals that can eradicate infectious diseases and boosts the immunity system.
Here are some of the popular winter veggies that you should add in your daily diet to stay healthy:
• Cabbage possesses anti-inflammatory properties and protects the body from the problems of inflammation.
• It also reduces ulcers, migraine pain, and severe fever. It can be used in both cooked as well as raw form. It can be used in green salads and also in soups or broths.
• Carrot is a favorite winter vegetable and is grown in all parts of the world.
• Carrots contain Vitamin A, Vitamin C, carotene and other essential minerals, which help to keep the body healthy and immune.
• Carotenes are great to improve eye vision and also assist in cleansing the blood and removing all blood impurities.
• It can be consumed in both raw as well cooked forms. In India, various sweet dishes and delicious deserts are made from carrots.
• Cauliflower is another cruciferous vegetable, popularly harvested during the winter season.
• This vegetable comes in the form of a flower and has high nutritional importance. It can be consumed only in cooked form.
• Though potato is found in all seasons, the one harvested during the winter season has high nutritional value.
• These vegetables are starchy and are extremely high on the glycemic index. Consuming potato can help to increase your body weight, as you are eating a high percentage of carbohydrates.
• Sweet potatoes, on the other hand are a healthier choice. Sweet potatoes contain a high percentage of carotene, vitamins A, Vitamin C, and fiber.