Here is the popular and traditional recipe from the kitchen of Andhra Pradesh, “Green chilli chicken”. This chilli chicken recipe is made mainly with green chillies; hence, it also looks green in colour. This starter can be made for any occasion and can be served as a dry starter with fried or simple rice. Andhra style green chilli chicken recipe is super hot and spicy which is loved by everyone.
Ingredients required to make Green chilli chicken
For green masala
The process to make Green chilli chicken
1) To start with Andhra style green chilli chicken, first, wash and clean the chicken properly and strain the water thoroughly.
2) In a bowl, add washed chicken, ginger-garlic paste, curd, turmeric, green chilli paste and salt. Marinade the chicken well with the mixture and leave the mixture in the refrigerator for an hour.
3) For green masala, in a grinder add curry leaves, coriander leaves and cumin seeds and make a fine paste out of it. Once done, keep aside.
4) Take a non-stick pan and heat the ghee or oil. Then add chopped onions, curry leaves and green chillies and saute them until onion turns translucent.
5) Then add 2 to 3 tablespoon of prepared green masala and soy sauce. Mix them well.
6) Meanwhile, discard the excess curd from the chicken. Then add chicken into the pan and saute with the green masala until the moisture evaporates and chicken is properly cooked.
7) Add salt as per the requirement and put fresh coriander leaves from the top. Switch off the flame and transform the dish into a serving plate.
8) Your Andhra style green chilli chicken is ready. Serve it hot with steamed rice and tomato onion sambar.
The Author is from Andhra Pradesh and a big snack food lover. Being a professional writer, he loves to write and share those recipes which he likes a lot, and this Green Chilli Chicken is one of them.