The corporate world is very different from the real world. The corporate world which is made up of companies is a part of the economy. The world has its business ethics and law.
The companies are there to make profits and they give right value to those who help them in making profits. In the corporate world, people are judged regarding their monetary contribution, directly or indirectly, to the world.
An ambitious employee always looks for opportunities to reach to the next higher level. Unlike public sector, hierarchy does not matter in the corporate world. Here, you have to show your competency to climb the corporate ladder. Discipline and positive approach matter a lot in the corporate world.
To survive in the corporate world with dignity following things should be practiced:
• Willingly Take Initiatives- You should have the attitude of helping others. This is the quality which distinguishes a leader and common employees. Try to go beyond your domain and assist others when they are in need. The employee who willingly takes initiative and helps receive kind consideration of the boss. The attitude of taking initiative and helping others indicate that you are a well-wisher of the company and the company is safe in the hand of persons like you.
• Take Responsibility- Take end-to-end responsibility for the work that has been assigned to you. Moreover, don't be reluctant to take extra responsibilities if required.
• Never Give Excuse for Your Failure- In a case, if you are unable to complete the assignment then never try to give an excuse. Rather, accept your fault and apologize. Even if there is a fault of any junior, you should take the responsibility in front of your senior and make the junior realize that you were answerable for misdeeds of someone else. Being responsible is not only the part of your work ethic but also a part of the principle of your life.
• Keep Yourself Update- Always be ready with your presentation and work details. A good presentation enables you to remain focused on your agenda. It shows your seriousness toward your work.
• Effective Communication Skill- Always place your thoughts and opinions in an effective manner to get attention. Be polite to everybody surrounding you. Even if you are angry, try to speak slowly. Never lose your temper and try to manage a situation wisely.
• Teamwork- If you want to stay separate from your team members then you are going to face a lot of troubles. Never try to take all the appreciations. Give credits to your team members for their cooperation. It will develop the relations.
• Have Fun at Work Place- Don't work like a machine. Make use of your sense of humor and have some fun with your teammates. During a week off go for outing share each other's problem and enjoy the life.
• Share your knowledge- Try to share your knowledge with your junior and try to develop your junior so that he/she can take your responsibility and you can take higher responsibility.
• Learn to Refuse- Learn to refuse. Obviously, you should not be rude to your boss, manager, and colleagues, but you should show your disagreement and opinion tactfully. Say ''no'' in a polite way will not harm your relationship. Apologize before refusing. When you disagree with any opinion, first appreciate the opinion and then put forward your opinion.
• Be Sincere and Honesty- Do the job with sincerity and honesty. If you feel the job does not suit you then quit immediately.