Who said that Kebabs are just for non-vegetarians? Even veg people can have it. Yes, these yummy Seekh Kebabs are made using Chana Dal, veggies, some masalas. Serve these Chana Dal Seekh Kebabs as snacks along with tea or even during dinner with spicy green chutney. You can relish them with whatever you feel like. What matters more is to eat. The Chana Dal, here, is used in the powdered form which further imparts a flavourful texture to the Kebabs making it tastier.
Making of Chana Dal Seekh Kebabs:
1. Take a non-stick pan and heat some oil in it. Once the oil gets heated, add Chana Dal and saute for about 3-4 minutes. Let it allow to cool down naturally and then grind into a powder and keep aside.
2. In the same pan, again heat some oil and once heated add cabbage to it. Saute the cabbage on a low flame for about two minutes. Then, add the bananas, green chillies, mint leaves and then mix all the things well. Keep stirring on regular intervals and cook on a medium flame for about a minute.
3. Switch off the gas and allow the mixture to cool down. Transfer the mixture into the blender and grind into a smooth paste without using water. Transfer the paste into another bowl. Add powdered Chana Dal, raw banana mixture, salt, ginger powder, chaat masala, and Garam Masala powder, and mix well.
4. Take the mixture and divide it into small portions. Shape each portion into Kebab shape and place it in a plate.
5. Now, take a non-stick pan and heat it on a low flame. Grease with oil and then place the Kebabs on the tava. Cook with little oil until they turn golden brown from both the sides. Once cooked, transfer these Chana Dal Seekh Kebabs to another plate.
6. Sprinkle some Chaat masala and then serve hot along with spicy green chutney, dahi, sauce, or ketchup.
The author of the article is a Pune-based blogger and also loving cooking. Being a vegetarian, he is a fan of Kebabs and especially these Chana Dal Seekh Kebabs. He keeps cooking them often.