Hair loss is one of the biggest nightmares for any women. Nowadays, there is easy availability of pregnancy hair care products online and in local stores too. But, it is always recommended to consult your gynecologist before consuming/applying anything during and post pregnancy.
Although loosing hair is a very common issue during and post pregnancy. But it is still a matter of concern.
Have you ever wondered on the reasons that actually cause hair loss during this time?
If no, then here we are giving you some of the most obvious reasons for it.
• Hormonal change – this can be the most obvious reason.
• Not having essential multi-vitamins – your diet might be deprived of them
• Low intake of protein in diet – during pregnancy you must increase the amount of your protein intake
• Your baby is taking extra nutrients from your body – when you are pregnant your baby feeds on your diet
• Deficiency of iodine – Ensure to intake right amount of iodine through your diet.
Besides this, there could be other issues too. But, these are the most common ones. And to overcome these causes,
• Exercise- this could really help you cope up with many physical problems
• Have protein rich diet – It is one of the most important thing to do when you are expecting.
• Do oiling regularly – Make sure to give complete nourishment to your hairs. Also reduce the frequency of hair wash.
• Use mild shampoos only – avoid use of chemically treated shampoos. This may hamper your overall health and might affect child growth too.
• Include all the essential multi vitamins in your diet – this will not only help you stay fit but will also keep you and your baby healthy.
• Add almond oil in your food and milk – Believe it or not but almond oil during pregnancy is no less than nectar.
But before taking up any step, make sure to ask your gynecologist. They will always guide you right. So, don’t forget to keep their consultation in consideration.
Since becoming a new mom, have you noticed your hairbrush quickly filling up with hair? Do you avoid brushing for fear you'll lose even more of your hair? Hair loss after pregnancy is often a very normal physical reaction to a woman's hormones changing rapidly following childbirth, experts say. So while it's worrisome when you see it, rest assured you're not alone.
How Common Is Hair Loss?
Every woman experiences losing more hair than usual after pregnancy to some degree, due to changing hormonal levels. "Normally, about 85 to 95 percent of the hair on your head is growing and the other five to 15 percent is in a resting stage
"After the resting period, this hair falls out -- often while you are brushing or shampooing it -- and is replaced by new growth. An average woman sheds about 100 hairs a day." With pregnancy, of course, things change. "Increased levels of estrogen prolong the growing stage," says James, which is why pregnant women tend to have thicker hair.
How Do You Deal With It?
Regarding hair loss after pregnancy, you can't stop it, but you can make the best of what you do have. Be kind to your hair during this time. James suggests you avoid over-brushing it or pulling it too tightly up with a hair elastic. She also suggests that you skip the use of blow dryers and curling and flat irons if you can and put off any chemically based treatments