Spending hundreds or thousands of dollars on creating an excellent website may be futile if you don’t make the right effort to make it visible. In the highly competitive online world, thousands and thousands of companies are fighting for the desired space on the first page of the search results.
Making your website visible doesn’t just require a set of special techniques, it’s an art not everyone can master. That’s why many companies opt for hiring experienced SEO specialists to do it for them. However, sometimes, even the SEO gurus fail.
We asked SEO experts from MiroMind to share a few steps which can help you on your way to being more visible by the search engines.
1. Write Keyword-Rich Content for Each Page
Many people only go as far as creating optimized content for the home page of their website. Sticking dozens of keywords on one page may seem reasonable, but it may get you penalized if the content doesn’t make sense.
It’s much easier to break keywords down into groups and use each one on a new page of your website. The more pages you have, the more chances you get to become visible.
In case you can’t avoid having pages without rich content, make sure that Google doesn’t index them. Otherwise, your efforts will be in vain. Each website page is your ticket to popularity. Don’t settle for leaving it empty.
2. Make Sure The Loading Speed Is Top-Notch
How fast do your pages load? If it takes more than two seconds, you are in the danger zone. When considering your website, Google pays close attention to the loading speed. Users don’t appreciate slow-loading websites. In fact, as soon as they see that the website is slow, they leave immediately, boosting your bounce rate.
Websites with high bounce rates are overlooked by Google. The only attention you may get from the search engines is a penalty. That’s why the load speed should be one of the first factors to consider when looking for visibility. Don’t forget that the speed should be great for the mobile version of your website as well.
3. Lose The 404 Errors
Do you know how annoying the 404 errors are to the users? They will click the “x” button before you can suggest something else. While the error itself doesn’t hurt your rankings, a high bounce rate does.
Consider creating up a 301 redirect. You need to constantly be checking for 404 errors on your website. If you have a Wordpress website, there are plugins which make 404-error pages fun to read or automatically redirect the user to another page.
Any of these options is better than to have a visitor stare at an empty page. After being hit with an error, they are unlikely to visit your website again.
4. Use Free SEO Tools
Many different SEO tools exist so you could increase your website visibility for free. Some of them work better than others, but overall they can improve your efforts. Some of the programs to consider:
Google Trends – helps see the keyword popularity and assists with keyword search,
BROWSEO – helps you find out how the search engines see your website so you can make improvements.
Rank Checker – shows your website rankings and gives tips for visibility improvement.
Moz Keyword Explorer – helps you find the right keywords for your website.
GTmetrix – helps check the page loading speed.
Increasing your website visibility is a long and complicated process, which should be started as soon as you begin drafting the website. The earlier you start, the faster you can achieve better search engine rankings.
Google alone receives almost 6 billion average searches per day. So, if you want to increase your brand awareness, website traffic, leads, revenues, and even customer loyalty, search engine optimization is one important element that should be mixed in your strategy. Here are actionable SEO points to improve your brand’s search engine visibility.
• Conduct an SEO audit on your site.
• Make your website or blog mobile-friendly.
• Use long-tail keyword according to your target geographic location.
• Use long-tail keyword according to your target period of time.
• Update the copyright notice in your website’s footer.
• Use meaningful words rather than just exact keyword matches.
• Research and analyze your competition.
• Identify the keywords used by your competitors.
• Provide the best content on SERPs.
• Regain your previously held high rankings.
• Use more relevant and engaging images.
• Do video marketing
• Develop an app for your business.
• Write and publish an eBook.
• Increase your visibility in search engine news results.
• Claim your business listing in local directories
• Get your products reviewed and rated on review sites
• Participate in Google’s other content programs.
• Create and verify your social media accounts.
• Share more types of content.
• Encourage your visitors to share your content on social media.
• Invest in social media ads.
• Interact with the people who engage your content on social media.
• Optimize your reputation.
• Publish top or list articles.
• Publish comprehensive and in-depth content.
• Make your content credible.
• Help other related sites fix their broken links.
• Put your overall content in harmony.
• Create a sitemap and submit your site to Google and Bing Webmaster Tools.
• Make valuable comments on relevant high-authority sites.
• Contribute high-quality guest posts for authority sites in your industry.
• Improve your website’s UX.
• Increase your visibility beyond search engines.