The .NET Framework is a model for programming that helps in building up and running software applications for Windows Server, Windows, Windows Phone, XML services and Microsoft Azure. The .NET Framework is has a huge class library known as FCL (Framework Class Library) and CLR (Common Language Runtime). This provides interpretation for language over several programming languages.
This framework has helped in overcoming a lot of problems related to application development. This includes a long period of development, a very high overall cost of ease in development and ownership of software and rigidity in the applications, i.e., difficulty in changing the applications fast in case of an error.
Why should you take a .NET test as an interview for your potential employer?
Written tests for .NET assess and understand how much of a programming knowledge a candidate has. .NET online tests help you as an employer to judge and verify the programming skills of the person who has mentioned a good handle over the same on his resume. You can take the .NET test in various forms. The first is the .NET objective test and it comprises of both practical and theoretical questions. This will help you in selecting the final potential employees after the job interview. These tests are simple because of the multiple-choice question pattern. This helps in marking quickly and efficiently.
The reason why this test is better than summarised ones for other fields on the paper, is because this test needs practical knowledge. As an employer you can't determine the skill set your potential employee has with the help of an essay test. An essay test makes it easier for a candidate to learn questions and hence how much of practical knowledge he or she has won't be visible. Moreover these tests are lengthy are you need to sit and look over them. Neither are these tests fair because you may have a certain viewpoint and the candidate may have another viewpoint. Hence a .net online test acts as the best judge to determine who will fit into your company.
As mentioned before, the .NET Framework is pretty extraordinary and has a large class library called the CLR (Common Language Runtime) and FCL (Framework Class Library). Let us discuss each of their features in details.
Features of CLR (Common Language Runtime):
1. CLR manages the compilation, memory, verification of safety of the code, execution of code and threads and other such system services.
2. It implements a kind of security through which only certain people can access the code. There is a certain kind of robustness ensured with the help of a an extremely strict infrastructure system called the CTS (Common Type System) where you have to type and the code gets verified.
3. It has something known as the JIT compiling (Just in time) that enables the code built to work with the machine language of the given system on which everything is getting executed. The possibilities of a fragmented memory are removed with the help of a memory manager and the performance is also enhanced with the help of memory locality of reference. The memory locality of reference depends on the places that are frequently accessed, completely depending on a memory access pattern.
4. Internet Information Services (IIS) and Microsoft SQL Server are server side applications that can host Runtime. These are high on performance and give a greater leverage to Runtime.
Features of FCL (Framework Class Library):
1. FCL includes a standard set of class libraries. These libraries execute functions like database interaction, XML document manipulation, graphic rendering, among many others.
2. It assists in the collection of reusable or resumable types that are very closely integrated and tightly knit with the CLR.
3. These class libraries are object oriented and aim to accomplish a vast variety of common programming tasks such as data collection, string management, and file access and database connectivity among others.
How does .NET help in Business Application Development?
Both the success and the failure of a project and a product existing the market depend heavily on the return and the investment. The rate of interest is facilitated with the knowledge about quantum of profits and the time taken to achieve the profits. The given features of .NET programming help in reducing the operational and developmental cost for the efficient working of an IT organization.
1. There is Less Coding involved, with an increased reuse of the same code. This means that there is less coding for developers and a lot of unnecessary coding is removed because the framework uses object oriented programming. NET consists of many reusable components and codes. This translates into a lesser amount of time and less amount of money to develop a number of applications.
2. .NET has features such as private components, no impact or zero impact applications, side by side versioning, controlled code sharing and the functional .NET framework which makes the deployment easier once the development procedure is over. There is an environment for safe execution for reduced conflicts in minimizing the performance problems, an interpreted or scripted environment and it reduces a lot of conflicts in the software versioning and deployment.
3. It is extremely reliable. Ever since it has been released in 2002, .NET has been used for the development of hundreds and thousands of applications. This says that's not only is it efficient, it is reliable as well.