The team “weight” and “mass” has been used often in conversation. In ordinary conversations, it can be
Mass is the term used measuring the amount of matter a body consists. The denotation used for
On the contrary, weight tells us the measure of that amount of force acting on
W = m * g
Mass Versus Weight
Let us now compare the differences between mass and weight.
Mostly, when you are on the surface and not moving by any chance, the
amount of your weight and mass will be similar. When you change your
• Mass is the amount of matter.
• Mass of every object is same or constant at every place.
• Mass can never become zero at any
• Mass can never
• Mass contains magnitude as it is said to be a scalar quantity.
• Mass is measured in kilograms or grams usually.
• Mass can probably
(Image Courtesy: Mrs. BOHAYCHUK's information station - Weebly)
• Weight is dependent on the gravity and its effect.
• Weight can vary according to the location.
• Weight can become zero, in the case of no gravity. If there is no gravity like in space, the
• Since weight depends upon gravity, it increases and decreases with high or low gravity.
• Weight also consist of magnitude but has a direction towards the center of the earth or any other gravity well.
• Weight is said to be a vector quality.
• Weight is usually is to
• In most cases, weight can
The uses of weight and mass are also very different from each other. They are an entirely different entity. If you have some relevant information to add to us in this article, let us by commenting down below.
(Featured Image Courtesy: BBC)