Health Benefits of eating chocolates
Ever wondered where the dark fantasy, dairy milk, and other chocolate bars come from?Theobroma Cacao seeds of the tropical Theobroma tree help in the preparation of the most mouthwatering and savoring sweet ever made. Chocolates have been the reason for the relaxing smile of our loved ones ever since the human civilization has started preparing it. And as we progress further you would automatically get prompted to have one!
“Like magic, she felt him getting nearer, felt it like a pull in the pit of her stomach. It felt like hunger but deeper, heavier. Like the best kind of expectation. Ice cream expectation. Chocolate expectation.”
― Sarah Addison Allen, The Sugar Queen
Among the various benefits here are some of the very important ones!
1.) Improves Cardiac health
According to the scientists at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, chocolates contain flavonoids that act as antioxidants.
These flavonoids protect the body from free radicals, which cause heart diseases. As Flavonoids can relax blood vessels and lower blood pressure, hence they help in reducing the cardiac ailments such as heart attack, hypertension, and atherosclerosis.
2.) Reduces bad cholesterol
Studies have shown that the dark chocolate helps lower the bad cholesterol, LDL, and brings up the HDL cholesterol. And thereby cutting down the cardiac risks.
3) Improves Blood circulation
The Flavonoids present in the dark chocolate helps in improving blood circulation by relaxing the arteries through a chemical reaction involved. When the walls of arteries get relaxed ,then the blood flow improves simultaneously, thereby improving the blood circulation.
4) Ah! The stress buster
Yes, chocolate does improve your mood if it is in the bad condition! The serotonin and endorphin levels in the brain get increased by eating the dark chocolates. This results in reduced stress levels! And certainly, your brain gets lifted up when having a chocolate.
Why is only the Dark one better for your health?
The Dark chocolate is a little bitter but why is it that the doctors recommend only the darker one. The reason lies in the fact that the dark chocolate contains the higher level of flavonoids in it, reduced quantity of sugar, low fat (thereby fewer weight issues), and a lot of antioxidants. And the bitter taste is due to the high amount of flavonoids present in it.
The many health benefits such as following make the dark chocolate a better option
1) It improves the blood circulation because of a high quantity of flavonoids present in it.
2) Because of the high content of flavonoids, it also reduces the risk of heart stroke
3) It is also good for your skin
4) The dark chocolate is rich in minerals such as potassium, zinc and much more.
5) It increases HDL( High-density lipoprotein), which is also known as good cholesterol and reduces the levels of bad cholesterol, LDL(Low-density Lipoprotein)
6) The dark chocolate contains Valeric acid which reduces the stress level.
7) The various polyphenols present in the dark chocolates render it with the anti- obesity properties.
8) It reduces stress hormones to a very large extent thus relieving you of the innumerous tensions and helping in bringing you to your calmer self!
9) It protects the skin from harmful UV radiations and the damage caused by the Ultraviolet rays of the sun
10) It may also help in increasing the life span of a normal person
11) It is also found that the pregnant women if they have dark chocolates with, 70% cocoa in it, it can reduce the pre-eclampsia (a very dangerous pregnancy complication which is characterized by high blood pressure in pregnant ladies).
12) The dark chocolate is low in sugar content, therefore, anti-diabetic.
5) Combining Apple with chocolates can be a great health booster
Apples are a great source of antioxidants and minerals content and are known to be great in fighting the cardiac ailments. According to Dr. Mercola, a combination of the dark chocolate along with the apples is a great recipe to boost health and also beneficial to fight the cardiac ailments and diseases.
As the peel of the apples is highly rich in the antioxidants content , therefore we must keep the peel on while eating apples and for which opting for the organically grown apples would be the best option, in order to reduce any pesticides and chemical contents, and eating a healthy one. So combine the flavonoids rich apples along with the antioxidants, flavonoids rich dark chocolates to boost your health immeasurably.
Word of Caution: But here is the key factor, not all chocolates are good. The darker the chocolate the higher flavonoid content it has. It is said that a chocolate which is in its original or natural state, i.e.,that is not processed is the best to be consumed. And it should be around 70% cocoa content in it, only then you can reap the many benefits of eating this slightly bitter but chocolaty stuff. Therefore chose only the darkest versions of the chocolates Also only mild quantities must be consumed.