Unless you have been living under the rock, you must have seen style queen Priyanka Chopra rocking her 'daddy's lil girl tattoo'. The quote that some might cliche has an emotional importance for the star. It's not just Priyanka but various other celebrities that are not shying from covering themselves up with tattoo and flaunting it at every red carpet event.
It's not just the star but even the masses that have steadily opened up to the idea of getting themselves inked, once seen as a sign of rebellion and only limited to a certain section of the society, tattoos are slowly becoming a growing fashion trend.
(Image Source: Pinterest)
As more and more celebrities are sporting tattoos ranging from minimal to full sleeves, fans aren’t just admiring them from afar but following their footsteps. Here is a look at some of the most famous celebrity tattoos:
1) Angelina Jolie: It is no surprise that Angelina Jolie is the first name on our list. The most beautiful woman on the planet is a tattoo enthusiast and her most famous tattoo is the Buddhist inscription that she got for her adopted son, Maddox. The Tomb Raider star had to kneel in prayer, while this tattoo was being etched into her skin using long needles and a hammer.
(Image Source: TattooForAWeek)
2) Lady Gaga: This global artist has been a trendsetter in so many ways, whether it’s her groovy music, her eclectic music videos or her fashion sense that has a niche of its own. So, it’s no wonder that she has a famous quote by German poet Rainer Maria tattooed on her inner arm. The quote translates to 'In the deepest hour of the night, confess to yourself that you would die if you were forbidden to write. And look deep into your heart where it spreads its roots the answer, and ask yourself...Must I write?'
(Image Source: Bitchy Online UK )
3) Johnny Depp: The Pirates of the Caribbean star is such a big lover of tattoos that he just couldn’t settle for one but instead got 30 different tattoos. Each one of the design inked on him has a special reason and is connected to some aspect of his life. The most beautiful of the lot is a portrait of his grandfather and mother.
(Image Source: Wallup.net)
4) Rihanna: Pop star Rihanna is another famous name who just can’t get enough of tattoos and has over 20 of them. Her tattoos are varied and range from the portraits of Egyptian Goddess Isis to Nefertiti. She also has several tattoos in different languages ranging from Sanskrit to Arabic.
(Image Source: TATTOO DESIGN PICTURES)
5) Cara Delevingne: The model turned actress has always made news for her fashion statements and quirky antics, so no wonder her tattoo are as classy and eccentric as her. Her lion on the knuckles tattoo is quite well known along with certain other animals that are gracing her forearm and back of her hand. Though the most eclectic of the bunch is ‘BACON’ inked onto her foot.
(Image Source: Body Art Guru)
Gone are the days when it was only the hipsters or rock music lovers that covered themselves in intricate designs and quotes, now tattoos are a sought after and classy statement for everyone. This rising trend has also resulted in a lot of tattoo parlor and talented artists cropping up. One can easily find a catalog of ideas ranging from portrait designs to quotes in multiple languages that can be etched on the skin forever. Tattoos are a great way to flaunt your attitude and just like your choice of attire and manner of talking can say a lot about your personality, Tattoos are a reflection of your inner self.
(Featured Image Source: The Huffington Post)