Attention should be given about what not to eat during pregnancy.
A healthy and nutritious diet is very important for pregnant women. Certain foods should be avoided during pregnancy.
A pregnant woman diet should consist more of fruits and vegetables.
Papaya and Colocasia are not good for pregnant women. A pregnant woman should eat rice mixed with milk and ghee. Ghee helps in internal lubrication.
1. Do not eat fish with high levels of mercury. Mercury consumption should be totally avoided by pregnant women. It may affect the brain and cause brain damage in the baby inside your womb.
2. Pregnant women should drink only boiled water. Water medicated with gold is good for the babies brain development. She should avoid drinking packaged juices.
3. Alcohol should be totally avoided during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
4. Do not eat raw or uncooked meat. Raw meat may contain bacteria and cause contamination.
5. Do not drink unpasteurized milk or raw milk. Raw milk carries pathogens. It may cause severe illness and stillbirth in unborn babies.
6. Liver contains a high amount of Vitamin A. Too much Vitamin A during pregnancy is not good, especially in the first three months. It may cause defects in babies. Vitamin A found in fruits and vegetables do not cause risk. Vitamin A found in Liver is unsafe for pregnant women.
7. Avoid eating raw eggs. Avoid eating raw vegetables and acidic fruits like lemon.
8. Avoid drinking coffee, tea. The caffeine present in tea, coffee and even green tea can affect your unborn baby's, heart. So, it is better to refrain from caffeine. Do not have more than 200 mg in a day. Avoid drinking Chamomile, Rosemary or Passionflower tea. Chamomile tea may cause increased uterine contractions and cause miscarriage. Instead of coffee and tea drink two glasses of boiled milk. You can add milk masala or ghee to milk and consume. She can also consume freshly prepared buttermilk.
9. Reduce intake of salt. Avoid eating bakery products, pizza, burger, Chinese food and spicy food. A large amount of Cinnamon may cause toxicity. Clove may cause heartburn in pregnant women. Fenugreek may cause uterine contractions, so avoid consuming it.
10. Avoid consuming Aloe Vera. Aloe Vera may cause miscarriage.