When it comes to protein, most of the people has a clear conception that it needs to be included in their daily diet, as it promotes healthy body growth.
Now the next question that comes to our mind is, which is the best source of protein? Probably the most common food that people think as protein are the eggs, milk, and meat. But there are some other rich sources of protein like lentils, nuts, legumes and beans that should be consumed on a regular basis.
Are you getting enough protein in your diet?
Often people stay confused about the healthy quantity of protein that needs to be consumed by a person on a daily basis. For the average adult, the total amount of protein that should be consumed is 0.6-0.8 grams of protein per lean body mass. The term lean body mass implies the amount of muscle in the body.
Why do you need protein?
• To gain lean muscle and get rid of unwanted fats from the body.
• Healthy protein prevents muscle breakdown and keeps the body fit.
• Builds and repairs the body tissue.
• Maintains a healthy metabolic rate of the body.
• Keeps your appetite satisfied.